Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Back on track.

A rough day it has been, with official news of a paycut making its way through to my desk, I sure am in need of some cheering up. Its not all doom and gloom however, if you have been following my project page, you'll notice that I have finally managed to solve the errors that were severely halting progress on CI. I've exported the entire island into the game now, compiled a list of small graphical glitches, most of which are now ironed out and overall I'm quite happy with the results. I'm equally happy with the ~28FPS I'm getting with the game maxed out, considering I spared no expense with tesselation, lighting, vegetation, vfx etc..

Over the last month or so, I have developed some idea's outside of the scope of Craggy Island. I may look at doing more work with the toolset down the line, depending on how this one turns out.

In other news, look out for a lovely little title on its way to PSN/XBLA on the 13/14th of July respectively - Deathspank, from the creator of the Monkey Island games. If your into Diablo style RPG's or Day of the Tentacle type adventure games, Deathspank promises a perfect marriage of the two. With the quiet summer months now upon us, it should be the perfect little filler until something meatier comes along, say in the form of Starcraft 2 on July 27th, or Mafia 2 on the same day in August. Check out the website for Deathspank: http://www.deathspank.com/

Take care for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment