Saturday, July 17, 2010

Bloggin hell!

What a turgid week I'm having! In the process of looking for a new job with some interviews lined up next week.. My number 1 priority at this time is to get out of my current situation. Spending most of my free time clicking "apply to job" across various job sites. However! I have still managed to design like 6 characters this morning from CI, just to take a wee break from all the dialogue writing.

In gaming news, the new Xbox "slim" launched in Europe yesterday. Apparently its making a killing for Microsoft and they're reporting major stock shortages across all regions. Whats funny is, when I took a pair of these out of their larger brown transit box, the new box is just as weighty as the old revision.. In fact the box appears bigger? Strange! I'll stick with my 3 year old 20gb Xbox for now thanks.

The Develop conference also took place this week and for me the most interesting topic of discussion was digital distribution vs. boxed retail product and which model was more attractive for Indy developers in particular. Very interesting stuff, have a listen here http://www.eurogamer.net/blog.php?type=podcasts.

Sorry for the lack of updates the past few days, such is the nature of my life at the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment