Monday, October 25, 2010

Whats the holdup!

I really am not the best blogger this planet has seen, but I'll place the blame on the fact that my life, simply is not that interesting at this point in time! My day consists of work (hardly worth talking about) and a few hours in the evening either fleshing out some part of Craggy Island, going to the cinema, or playing xbox.

Progress on Craggy Island hasn't been slow, in fact, anything but. Timelord is busy figuring out some nagging issue's and once he's complete, that pretty much wraps up the majority of the gameplay and quests. As I don't want to ruin anything, I'll just say that I'm working on the last piece of the puzzle, which involves the bulk of the combat encounters, which will bring you to the (hopefully!) climatic end to the module. This part will probably take a few weeks as the encounter scripting will take some work I imagine. While that's happening, I'll be finishing up the cut scenes, which as it turns out, happens to be way more than originally intended!

Once that is complete, I'll look at packaging up the module and getting a couple of testers on board to try and break it, to make sure its in perfect working order for release. While that's happening, I'll incorporate the music, polish the Island (problems with dark vegetation), tweak the atmosphere ever so slightly, finish ambient animations and conversations and then get cracking on voice overs.

I still cant put a release date on this, other than 'before christmas'. I felt like I was close enough to do so a few weeks ago, but as this is my first time actually building any sort of addon, putting a guesstimation on a finished build seems silly, considering how more and more work seems to be cropping up, the further we progress!

Sit tight though, were working hard and fast on this. I do hope you will enjoy the end product as we've now hit the 7 month milestone and it would be scary to see how many hours were put into this. Seems like a long time for a small module, but I've never touched any toolset before until April of this year, so the learning process has undoubtedly added to that.

Keep a'watch, Craggy Island will be released and it will be released soon. If I was to guesstimate though (take this with a pinch of salt) I would say that I will have a pretty solid release date for you within the next 2 weeks. Fingers crossed.

Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment